Forums Latest Members
  1. marturx Jul 1, 2014

CR, you´re killing me, ha, ha!!::jumpy::

2. woodwkr2 Jul 1, 2014

Wonder if we will be seeing that watch relisted again.... Hard to believe that that watch with those pictures was able to achieve nearly $4k.

Also, as I was mentioned specifically in this thread--thanks for the compliments, Rich--I should offer a correction: I've never attended Columbia J-school. Previous life in journalism, yes. J-school, no.

I've never understood the idea of a MFA at Iowa or a finishing school-cum-journalism degree. If you can write, you can write. So write.

Our friend, Mr. Clymer, is the one with the Columbia J-school pedigree. Judging by the output, I'd say that his career and degree choices are paying off quite handsomely.

3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 1, 2014

Ah, my bad. But you're at Columbia now, yes? Thank you for being my ombudsman; I was convinced you went back for seconds; not unheard of. My mother received her BA (SCL), MA (SCL) and PhD all from one school, Fordham University. I think she felt safe there? I did not inherit my mothers brains at all. Although I did manage to receive my BBA / MBA in 5 years after losing a full athletic scholarship @ ASU.

putting the train back on the tracks: you're a top notch writer. your work is as good as practically anything I've read.
    Embrace your inner Citizen Kane! Mr. Clymer is obviously a top notch writer but I bet if you gave him samples , he'd surprise you with earnest praise. And, you know it.

4. marturx Jul 1, 2014

"Ombudsman"

Speaking of languages, nice that you use one of the very, very few swedish words ever exported to the rest of the world

5. rolokr Jul 2, 2014

I know this is a very rare watch, but the condition is pretty poor ? You will have to have it serviced, find a new bezel (could be difficult), and you will end up in this Compax chronograph around $4500. I think I will pass on that, you could find a nice TRICOMPAX for that amount of money ?

citizenrich likes this.
  6. rolokr Jul 2, 2014

For example, very nice looking Tricompax , ebay # #151329537535. Went for $4,090. Nice watch ! Triple date, moonphase, and three register chronograph. Seems like a better deal ?

citizenrich likes this.