Forums Latest Members
  1. cdw2222 Sep 2, 2012

I'am planning on bidding on this watch but I have read there is a lot of fake 168.005's about.The face itself looks a little damaged around the OMEGA but I think it won't really be noticeable to the naked eye.Is the crown correct?
    Opinions please.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/110945576977?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 2, 2012

The crown is INCORRECT as are the hands which appear to be from a Seamaster or Geneve, they should be a Dauphine style on these.

I also don't like the fact that the date window appears gold when it should be silver tone to match the figures. Also the rotor and bridge appear to have been replaced do the mismatch in color with the base plate.

It's genuine but with issues. All the counterfeit 168.005's I've seen have pie-pan dials.

3. cdw2222 Sep 4, 2012

Thanks for the infomation.I think the issues you mentioned add up to passing on the watch,I completely missed it had the wrong hands-I've got a lot to learn.It seems to have a lot of bids already and will be interested to see what it goes for.

I really want a black dialled Omega but I'am in no hurry so I will keep searching.