Forums Latest Members

Autographed Copy of "Moonwatch Only" Auction to support OmegaForums starts tonight!

1. ocgarza Dec 25, 2014

Omega Forum viewers,
    The auction of an autographed copy of "Moonwatch Only" started tonight on Ebay at 8:30 pm CST. What's different about this auction? All the money from the sale will be contributed to the OmegaForums web site! Details are below, here is the link to the actual auction: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271719733985Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

For sale, a copy of Moonwatch Only, co-authored by Grégoire Rossier and Anthony Marquié. This copy is autographed by Grégoire Rossier and will be shipped to the winner from Mr. Rossier in Switzerland. All the money from this sale willbe donated to the Omega Forum. The high bidder will receive the book in the language of their choice: either English, French or Italian.

[​IMG]

This 504-page book documents the history of the Speedmaster Moonwatch in a systematic work that is both technical and attractive. This will become the classic reference book for the Moonwatch. The retail price on the book is $350 US.

For more information on Moonwatch Only: (website information:http://www.moonwatchonly.com/Moonwatch_Only/Introduction.html). Book details: Grégoire Rossier and Anthony Marquié, Moonwatch Only, Watchprint, 504 pages, 250 x 320 mm, English, French, Italian, ISBN 978-2-940506-03-3, CHF 290

All the money from the sale of this book will be donated to the OmegaForums as a way of saying thanks the all the advice and suggestions received by Omega forum members during the sale of my ProPlof (http://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-ploprof-some-questions.16393/) Mr. Rossier purchased the watch and has approved the sale of this autographed book as a means to support the Omega forum.

Edited Dec 26, 2014
    olivier24, George.A, lando and 11 others like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 25, 2014

Woo Hoo, I'm the winning bidder, for now......................

Terrific gesture by @ocgarza :thumbsup:

ocgarza likes this.
  3. ocgarza Dec 25, 2014

Best of luck :)

4. ELV web Dec 25, 2014

I just read the whole story about the watch and how it led to this book being auctioned. Great read for Boxing day!

Eric

ocgarza likes this.
  5. ocgarza Dec 25, 2014

Thanks to everyone for getting the auction off to a great start :)

6. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Dec 26, 2014

Worth every penny guys so keep on bidding!

ocgarza likes this.
  7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 26, 2014

Thanks Ocgarza. I should point out that we are "Omegaforums.net or OmegaForums.

8. ICONO Dec 26, 2014

Whilst one could never accuse Cicindela of exercising pedantry.

When 'Omega Forum' is 'googled' - The SEO result is exactly the same.

Am positive the overwhelming majority of 'Omega Forum' Members recognise the cheerful generosity, & warm spiritedness, of this kind, thoughtful gesture.

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 26, 2014

Yes as a result of our high ratings. However, many a time, in the world outside cyberville, I have had many people say things like, "..oh Omega Forum on WUS, PP or TZ?". I then have to explain who we are, which is actually often a good thing.
    My Post had nothing to do with, nor was it in any way, questioning recognition of the cheerful generosity of this thoughtful gesture, if that is you implication.

10. ocgarza Dec 26, 2014

Yes let me see if I can correct that on the EBay site. Thanks for pointing it out :)

11. ELV web Dec 27, 2014

At this rate it should get to 4 figures :)

ocgarza likes this.
  12. ocgarza Dec 27, 2014

That would be very nice as every cent will go to Omegaforums :D But it also speaks highly of the regulars on this forum and the quality of the book. That really is a great book!

13. ocgarza Dec 29, 2014

14. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 29, 2014

If it goes the way that (good) watches go, there will be a frenzy in the last 60 seconds. ;)

ocgarza and watchme like this.
  15. ELV web Dec 29, 2014

I think people would love to just contribute back, eventhough it seems the moderators and the founders of this wonderful forum are not in need of any help in that segment ;)

ocgarza and oddboy like this.
  16. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 29, 2014

Someone should post a sticky on how to contribute to support this awesome forum. I've got skills, web space, and even a buck or two I would gladly contribute.

ocgarza and watchme like this.
  17. ocgarza Dec 30, 2014

Good idea. I'll let the administrators figure that one out.

18. ocgarza Jan 3, 2015

The auction closes Sunday evening (tomorrow) and I again want to thank everyone for the bidding support. Looks like it has been quite successful already!
    OC Garza

19. logan2z Jan 4, 2015

I got a copy of the book the other day and just unwrapped it tonight. An incredibly impressive achievement by the authors! Phenomenal photos, incredible depth of information. If I didn't already have one I'd be bidding on the signed copy. I'm sure whoever gets it will be very pleased.

ocgarza likes this.
  20. ocgarza Jan 4, 2015

Logan2z
    Yes I took an in-depth look at the book and I agree with you 100% that the information about the moonwatch, and the photos that go with it, are amazing.
    I again want to thank the members here for supporting this project and also Mr. Rossier the author, and a regular on these forums.
    OC Garza
    Victoria, Texas

heman, ELV web, logan2z and 2 others like this.