Forums Latest Members

Article about the TRUE Seamaster Jedi from a familiar face

1. Blaise Jul 25, 2014

Just a quick heads up guys.

This is my second post here even though I've been a regular member on WUS for about 6 years now. After a few years hiatus I'm returning to the forums but I also started working for none other than Fratello Watches as a contributing writer. My first article Story of the original Seamaster Jedi Chronograph was just published yesterday, those of you who do not read FW might find it interesting.

Either way I'm happy to be back and enjoy it reading as much as I did writing. Have a great day all!

Blaise

2. Mothra Jul 26, 2014

:) Blaine, it was an interesting article and I promise to keep the references clear in my head from now on....

Blaise likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 26, 2014

Good to see you back into WIS world Blaise, I'm sure Robert (and the readers) will appreciate your input to one of my favourite blogs.

A nice article on the Star Wars trio, it's a good start. Are you able to fathom the confusing world of the 176.XXX series, or is it too big a task?

Cheers

Jim

Blaise likes this.
  4. Blaise Jul 29, 2014

Jim, I'm sure I can managed it!

Thanks for all the kind words guys, it really means a lot! If it wasn't for the online watch community I probably would have never gotten this far.

Oh, by the way did I say my second one is out for Speedy Tuesday? :) I promise this will be my last link, you all know where to find me now! Great to be back!

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 29, 2014

Dear Blaise (and also, Robert Jan from FW)

Have no fear of spamming this forum with your articles!

We welcome quality content, and I'm sure your latest discussion will be of the same high caliber (WIS in joke)!

Interesting, informed and amusing discussions on our passion are always welcome!

So get your typewriter (or whatever they call the modern equivalent) and oil it up for a fury (and a flurry) of WIS articles!

If they get to be as bad as my "Pen!s Enl4r_m3nt" emails we will be sure to let you know!

(Please excuse the ! punctuation, but a Seinfeld episode just reverberated in my worn out old brain :D)

Blaise likes this.
  6. shane0mack Jul 29, 2014

Good stuff, Blaise. Just one point, are you certain the Vader is a ceramic case? I'm not questioning it as truth, I've just never seen one in person and was under the impression it was also made of a tungsten-steel alloy and covered with a hard metal cap (PVD?). I see on Chronomaddox that the dimensions are just slightly bigger on the Vader vs the Anakin, so I thought maybe that idea held water. We did an article on the Light/Dark Skywalkers, and I want to make sure we're not missing or messing it up: http://www.woundforlife.com/2014/07...a-seamaster-anakin-skywalker-and-darth-vader/

7. ulackfocus Jul 29, 2014

I never knew we had so many writers here. We should start our own little fraternity. ;)

8. shane0mack Jul 29, 2014

ulackfocus Dennis, who do you write for? I'm still a bit green, been at it for about 9-10 months now. Started with Gear Patrol, and now I have my own thing going.