Forums Latest Members
  1. Diverdown Jan 27, 2015

image.jpg

I'm not sure where I've seen this before, but it looks vaguely familiar to me. Can't quite put my finger on it.

I own two Tag Heuer watches. It's where I made my start into collecting. I respect them for what they are/were, and I respect that this is where many people begin to develop their palate for mechanical watches (myself included).
    A lot of Tag watches (and other brands too) have some small flares that are clearly 'borrowed' from other brands.
    image.jpg
    That cyclops didn't get there on its own. And who cares? Brands evolve this way. No biggie.
    But this GMT - with its colours being the EXACT same as the watch it is attempting to replicate (for a fraction the price) is offensive... well, maybe just extremely disappointing. I thought Tag Heuer better than this. It's as though zero effort was put into designing this watch beyond looking at how well the BLNR is selling.

Has anyone else seen this yet? Am I the only one who feels this way? I know it's not really Omega related, but perhaps Omega is next? Broad arrow hands are hardly proprietary.

Here's a link to the watch and live pics:

http://www.escapementmagazine.com/a...libre-7-gmt---watch-review-by-escapement.html

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 27, 2015

Holly Smokes Batman, has the LVMH Riddler struck again?
    batman_evolution-of-batman-971997.jpg

Edited Jan 27, 2015
  3. alam Jan 27, 2015

Naaa.... I don't think anyone feels kidded or surprised by the facts you just mentioned.

Nor are "Mercedes" styled ones..

:D

4. speedbird Jan 29, 2015

I think it looks fine. It borrows a bit but it's not an outright copy

5. ulackfocus Jan 29, 2015

That's a good looking watch.

Great screen name, by the way. One of my favorite albums as a young man. Little Guitars is still a great VH song even though I'm turning into an old fart.

th.jpeg

Diverdown likes this.
  6. Diverdown Jan 29, 2015

Thx! Great band, great album, and I actually do dive.

And it is a good looking watch, just too bad they didn't get there on their own. I'm sure with their R&D, they could've done something more them, rather than ripping off those colours. I'm aware the 'Pepsi' bezel has been copied many times over. I guess I just expect more from a brand that's as big as Tag. Lazy.