Forums Latest Members

Any info on Jan Ubels or his watchshop, De klokkenmaker?

1. tankolds70 Apr 23, 2014

Greetings All, new member here from the great city of New Orleans. Longtime lover of Omegas, especially Seamasters and Speedmasters.

I am wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Jan Ubels, a watchmaker in the Netherlands. His shop is called De klokkenmaker.

2. Georgieboy58 Apr 23, 2014

The entries in his guest book are all very enthusiastic, that's at least what I can tell you.

3. tankolds70 Apr 24, 2014

Thanks for replying. I saw what you're talking about and all but one of the comments seem to be positive. I'm not saying anything negative at this point; its just I sent him my Speedmaster 1045 for a warranty repair (he had worked on it already) at the end of December, and he said he would have it shipped back by the end of Feb. Still no sign of watch and he is not responding to emails any more.

4. tankolds70 Jun 5, 2014

I wanted to post an update on this. I received my 1045 Speedmaster back finally, and it seems to be working great. No complaints other than the communication, but these guys are in the Netherlands, so I guess some of that is to be expected. Other than that, De klokkenmaker is solid.