Forums Latest Members
  1. Swarkybubble Jul 23, 2014

My wife and I have just taken on the running of my mother in law´s jewellery shop (established in 1950s) here in Spain. Amidst the disorder we have 3 U. G. watches : Gent´s Gold Calendar watch with integral 18K gold bracelet strap, white face, roman numerals ; Ladies´ Golden Shadow calendar Steel/Gold watch, (marked type 215.507) Gold Roman numerals and white face integral strap bracelet 18k Gold bezel, Saphire crystal and ; Gent´s White face dress watch , stainless steel back marked 533.230 apparently gold plated 10microns with UG black patent leather strap.
    Each of these watches have their original UG plastic fobs attached ( le couturier de la montre ) and I have no idea regarding the best way to dispose of them. We have 1 original box, a bit the worse for wea,r only and I would appreciate any tips or advice on the best way to go about selling them

2. Swarkybubble Jul 23, 2014

Sorry, I forgot to say they are unused, "as new".

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 23, 2014

Will need some good clear photos front and back to give any kind of advise or evaluation.

4. Swarkybubble Jul 23, 2014

O.K. Will try and post some tonight.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 23, 2014

If you find any old unsold Speedmasters with 2915 or 2998 written on the tag send me a PM, I know what to do with them :coffee:

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 23, 2014

In principle, unless these are models sought after in the collector community (and maybe even if they are), the best way to move these is to list with good clear pics on eBay - large audience, and the objects find their value organically. Just make sure you set a reserve on the 18K gold one so that it doesn't sell for below melt value.

If one of them proves to be coveted by collectors, then a more specialized venue may be better.

7. Swarkybubble Jul 23, 2014

8. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 23, 2014

Nothing to write home about, I'm afraid. Mid-1980s to early 1990s stuff, not terribly desirable. I'd go the Ebay route. Take good pics, emphasize the condition, and remember to set it up so no one can get the gold one for less than melt. Sorry not to have better news.

9. Swarkybubble Jul 24, 2014

Many thanks to one and all. Maybe I´ll hang on to them for another 25 years or so.