Forums Latest Members
  1. ChrisP Oct 30, 2014

I inherited a Ladymatic from my mother. For sentimental reasons, I'd like to get it repaired. I have three questions.

First, can you recommend someone reliable in the Boston/New England area, or around Philadelphia? The local Omega technician said that he couldn't repair it because it's the original model of Ladymatic and too old. It would have to go back to Switzerland. You on the Forum suggested finding an independent repair shop instead. I contacted Archer, but he is not accepting new work now.

Second, if it can't be repaired without being rebuilt with new parts (too expensive for an inexpensive watch) would it damage the watch to get it serviced and wear it anyhow? It's losing time, but not fast, and I wouldn't mind re-setting it when I wear it. If it would be bad for the watch, I might get it repaired even if it costs more than the price of a new Tissot, but not if it costs more than the price of a new or vintage Omega.

Third, the Ladymatic is beautiful but tiny, so I would probably only wear it for formal occasions. Would it damage a watch with an automatic movement to start and stop like that?

Thanks for your advice-

Chris