Forums Latest Members

Advice Needed - Currently being scammed

1. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Oct 17, 2014

My own stupidity ;-( I know the second rule: "If it's to good to be true - it is"! $500.US delivered for NOS. Didn't even ask for inside case-back, movement scans or B&P. Consider this was at the time that I was returning to my Omega roots. "On the Way to Going Broke" it was only Patek, VC and a couple of Langes for me. Hell I thought I was really "impotent" ;-)

I got to be internet friends with Dr. No and he returned me to the fold. This deal caused him to introduce me to Mike (MSN) and join this wonderful forum. Whatever I thought i knew about Omega, I knew "mort". What you all have taught me here is terrific and I learn more everyday. Thank you!

2. Watchguy31-us Oct 18, 2014

MikiJ,

The rule you just stated "If it's to good to be true - it is!" applies to my situation as well. I will not be buying from anyone with an incredible price, going forward. The fact that buyers had actually received watches from this guy caused me to believe it was just a diamond in the rough.

However, if I look back on it----you can't buy an Omega AT 2500 for the price I was paying, let alone an 8500. The guy obviously has access to the internet, so he would know it was worth 2800-2900.