Forums Latest Members

A386 for sale...opinions?

1. mks4 Dec 18, 2014

Hi all,

I don't post often here (more in the Omega area). Anyhow, I saw this Italian seller with another A386 from October in the eBay pieces for sale link above.

Looks like a different one is on chrono24 here:

http://www.chrono24.com/en/zenith/e...order=5&tab=pics&urlSubpath=/search/index.htm

Price seems heady, but I am more curious about whether anything is incorrect, etc. I've read past threads. Dial looks ok to me...I am curious about the case itself and the hands. Movement shots are needed too. Trying to learn before I make a move one day!

Thanks,
    Mike

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 18, 2014

Dial and hands look a little dirty zoomed in though the bezel looks clean, except for the bottom where some lettering has been worn off, wonder if it was cleaned or something?

Lume in the chrono second hand looks a different colour also but I'd wait for the more experienced Zenith guys to weigh in on it

3. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Dec 18, 2014

Can't speak to the A386 but wanted to commend you on the Old English D!

mks4 likes this.
  4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 18, 2014

The parts seem all correct to me. The case seems suspiciously scratch free, so I'd say it has had a refinish - a reasonably competent one. The hands are probably service replacements, accounting for the lume mismatch with the dial. Movement shot would be nice. The price? Today's "heady" is tomorrow's .... ?

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 19, 2014

... is tomorrow's "damn, glad I bought mine last year"

Awesome, awesome watches though, still need to find a set of ZJs and a tight ladder yet for mine

6. luzer Dec 20, 2014

He was asking $8800 or so

7. mks4 Dec 21, 2014

So, the watch was sold... Here's the interesting thing, another will be available shortly. It seems that this seller specializes in Zeniths but sure seems amazing to have had so many A386's over the recent past. Anyhow, I will share the pics of the next available piece and seek your opinions. Thanks!

Mike

andy_s and luzer like this.