Forums Latest Members

A strange trade request.. This has to be a first.

1. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 5, 2014

Excellent job MikiJ. I am dumping some 95 bordeaux this week to pay for the 45th Apollo 11 I just bought.

2. deerworrier Aug 5, 2014

I will need to trawl through my archived emails for the exact correspondence but I once offered my Air King 5500 up for sale or trade and received a message from a boy in Perth WA which went something like..............

I replied that I couldn't possibly consider such a proposal until I had seen pictures of his sister and a brief script of her condition and any issues.

I got a very confused reply, then moments later received a second reply with nothing but smiling faces.

opticalserenity and tpatta like this.
  3. ulackfocus Aug 5, 2014

4. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 5, 2014

Sorry. I should have been more specifc, magnums. :D

5. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Aug 6, 2014

Between the "recession" of 2008 and the over-all glut of quality wines, prices have greatly fallen. As I said: "I got lucky/broke to sell mine before the dot-com crash.

My understanding is in an effort to maintain the ridiculous price level of First Growths, they simply produce less.

Kind of what watch makers do with their Numbered, Limited Edition, whatever Special Versions they produce for even more "Special" prices ;-)

6. SundayDuffer Aug 24, 2014

I traded my $8.5k Garrard 301 turnable for $13K (new) Caesar Guerini Maxum Combo trap gun couple years ago. I was the one who initiated the trade...

opticalserenity likes this.