Forums Latest Members
  1. DRAZIL Sep 14, 2013

HI all,

Im to new to the forum but a lover of omega since the day I was given my first one.

That is the point of this post really, when I was younger I was given a vintage de ville of my grandfathers who past away which I loved and had restored but in a house burglary it disappeared.

I was young and have struggled to find photos with it so from memory I for a while have searched in and off for its details.

I found a picture on the net which look like the model different strap same rest. The shop didn't know the model that posted just its an 18k gold vintage omega.

Anyone any idea and what to look for to spot a fake specific to this model .

Id love to be able to source a replacement one day so any recommend on pricing would be appreciated.

Many Regard

Matt

image.jpg

2. DRAZIL Sep 14, 2013

Update,

i also seem to remember the vaguely that the edges of the face were sunken which this photo doesn't show.

3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Sep 14, 2013

It looks to me like ref 162.0060
    These watches housed a cal 1010 movment and were produced mid 1970's to mid-1980's
    HOpe this helps.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2013

It's not a model that has been widely faked but being that square cases don't tend to seal as well as round cases it's highly possible to see redials

5. MKelley Sep 15, 2013

I bought one similar to yours recently. Mine has a a case ref# 111.0149. It has a cal. 625 movement (no date function). The serial number places mine in 1979. Yours has the applied logo on the dial, mine has an embossed logo on the dial.

Hope that helps. Sorry, I can't seem to find any photos of mine. May have to take some. IMHO, it's a nice simple dress watch.

I agree with dsio. This is not an Omega model so popular that fakes would have been made. What you have is a nice clean '70's Omega dress watch. I just like the classic look. Wear and enjoy it in good health.