Forums Latest Members
  1. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 6, 2014

Have several relatives in the DC area so am there at least once a year but this last trip was the first time I spent the time to take some nice photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

repoman, Dablitzer, X350 XJR and 2 others like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 6, 2014

Great shots! DC is one of my favorite places for a night time walk.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 6, 2014

very cool, definitely have to visit DC some time

4. ulackfocus Sep 6, 2014

Man, there are a LOT of things history books & school don't teach about Abraham Lincoln. Read the State of the Union Address from 1862 to get a glimpse of what he really wanted to do with "freed" slaves and why he "freed" them in the first place. That was just step one in killing the South's economy to help the North win the war.

5. speedbird Sep 6, 2014

Gorgeous photos!!

6. JohnSteed Sep 7, 2014

Nice photos ... :thumbsup:

... and is that a Speedy under Abraham Lincoln's sleeve :rolleyes:

7. woodwkr2 Sep 8, 2014

Nice photos! Particularly like the night shots and the wide angle. Well composed and well executed.

8. lenny Sep 8, 2014

DC is the only place I ever could tolerate outside of NY. Not sure what that says about me....
    Need to hop on the Amtrak one of these days.

9. Spy You know my name. Sep 8, 2014

Good photography! For some reason the White House always looks better when it is not in a magazine or other media. How far away were you from the Washington Monument when you took that full shot?

10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 8, 2014

Not that far since I had a very wide angle lens. I would say less than 100 feet outside the ringed perimeter.

Spy likes this.
  11. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Sep 8, 2014

Funny, I came to NYC because I couldn't stand DC. Cesspool of indolence, hive of time-servers, vacuum of initiative. It does make for nice pictures though.

12. lenny Sep 9, 2014

Well I only spent a year there. And that was because I couldn't stand/afford to live near Bethesda. I ended up in a 100ish year old building near the Van Ness metro station. Nothing like walking by the armed guards stationed by the Kuwaiti embassy :).

FWIW, my (rather simplistic) assessment of the district came down to 1) H + H bagels being delivered on a regular basis to the local wine and deli(!) store and 2) (go figure) a lot of photography on the weekends.