Forums Latest Members
  1. Dane Mar 3, 2015

I'm getting ready to list this on eBay and wondered what would be considered a good price for both the buyer and myself. Watch was just serviced, but watch tech took rotten photos of the movement, and none after the service. Don't think he cared about helping me sell the watch. Movement is cal. 562. Crystal was buffed, but still has some marks, back is as clean as you'll ever find. No signed crown.
    Thanks for the help,
    Dane

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Geo! Mar 3, 2015

It might be distortion due to the photography, but it looks like the jewel shock spring doesn't look like it is located correctly.

3. Northernman Lemaniac Mar 3, 2015

Fair price = market price.
    Take a few better pics of the case yourself. Make sure to catch all edges of the case, and a proper and focused shot of the dial.
    Include the movement shot pre-service, and inform that the watch has been serviced. You should of course offer to include the documentation (receipt) on the performed service.
    List it at no reserve and let the market decide. What is considered a fair price here is not certain to be what you get on eBay anyway (there is up and downside potential).

Cheers!

4. ketiljo Mar 3, 2015

I wonder how it looks after the service, there's a screw missing in the auto bridge and the gasket is ancient. Maybe there's a reason for not giving you pictures after service?

Edited Mar 3, 2015
  5. Geo! Mar 3, 2015

It does make you wonder, and it didn't leave the factory with that rotor!

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 3, 2015

Run $1 no reserve and you'll get market value as long as you post good pics

Spacefruit, noelekal and Geo! like this.
  7. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 3, 2015

Let the market decide what it wants to pay. That's how eBay works (or how it should work).
    One theory is to take the best, clearest photos you can for eBay. But your movement looks like it has issues as noted above (the difference of the rotor color and movement plates is quite a contrast).
    My theory (and most will disagree but we all have opinions!) is to be mysterious and vague with your description and photos. There are so few truly nice pieces on eBay that sell for a reasonable price. I think many eBay buyers are looking for the "gold in the haystack" deals. Strangely, poorly described and photographed watches arouse the greatest curiosity from bidders.
    Seasoned collectors will see the issues we have noted and take a pass.
    If this was a back-door effort to sell that watch here, sorry to be so blunt with the analysis of the watch. But that's what we do here :)

Dane, JohnSteed and Spacefruit like this.
  8. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 3, 2015

New members are getting much better of posting their watches for sale ;)

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 3, 2015

It's his job to service the watch, not help you sell it. Not sure he did a good job with either, but there is a lot about this post that I question...

10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 3, 2015

If you magnify the pic you'll see a strange pixel action around (and only aroubd) yhe text legend, with possibly a line of text overlapping over the hour hand on the seamaster legend. Could be that yhe hand has a hole, or a mark... But that plus the pixel presence makes me think the dial may be photoshopped

11. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 3, 2015

Ha! Sounds like something a newbie would do to try to skirt the post-count minimum to sell a shoddy Ome...hey, wait a minute...

Nobel Prize likes this.
  12. Dane Mar 3, 2015

Not trying to sell anything on here, just wanted some honest opinions.

13. Dane Mar 3, 2015

No Photoshop, the hands are hollow.

14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 3, 2015

Got it. Strange pixel action then around the text though. But hey, I guess everything is possible

15. ulackfocus Mar 3, 2015

The lume has fallen out of the hands and the rotor and crown are replacements. Fairly nice dial though. It might fetch $450 maybe.

Maybe.

Dane likes this.
  16. Dane Mar 3, 2015

Thank you, that was my question. I would like to buy you a beverage.