Forums Latest Members

88cut - good seller/communications, willing to go an hour out of his way to ship via best method

1. larryganz The cable guy Jul 16, 2014

Tarik sold me a used watch and was willing to drive an hour to ship from a location that would get it here faster with fewer problems. The watch was in good condition as promised. I will have the gaskets checked and have it pressure tested tomorrow when I bring my Planet Ocean to the watchmaker for a service, but I don't expect to have to update this with any issues.

I can't hold it against Tarik that the only receipt for the watch coming from watchuwant.com with remaining warranty was from the person he bought it from, which was a screen shot of the original paypal payment to watchuwant.com. I'm still waiting for the proof of service in January though.

Would buy from Tarik again.

2. larryganz The cable guy Feb 5, 2015

I was able to confirm with watchuwant.com that they did do a repair to the watch after they acquired it, and that they "would have done a COA if that was needed"; but they said it would be a lot of trouble to dig up the records after 6 months just to tell me exactly what was done. My watchmaker found it to be properly oiled and watertight. I also got an accurate date that it was sold by watchuwant (around when I expected).

So, no surprises and I still have this watch and enjoy it often, despite buying a new 216570 last November.

Thanks Tarik!