Forums Latest Members

70 people.....oh wait.......69 people "watching" can't be wrong...........

1. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Oct 29, 2014

.............or can they? Fact is, 70 people (1 person just dropped), including me, have been watching this Seamaster 120m Deep Blue on eBay for over a week now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350546463692Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

So it must be a good example, right? Been looking to pick up one of these but not confident in my ability to see the traps yet. Can some of you way in on your take? Btw.......if not a good example, curious as to why so many folks are watching? Sure there is a good explanation, but it is escaping me at the moment........

Thanks, Tom

2. Hijak Oct 29, 2014

Regardless of the watch, even if only 25% of the watchers are bidders the last few minutes of this auction will certainly be interesting!:coffee:

3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Oct 29, 2014

I would not use the number of watchers as an indicator for much. Hey millions of flies like $%!t - so is $%!t good ?

4. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Oct 29, 2014

Thanks for the responses.

This item is a BIN/Make Offer, so there may not be a last few minutes.......and understand 70 out of a universe of millions is not many, but if you look at other similar watches from the category, there are often 15-20 or even less watching, so 70 by comparison, is a lot.

Does anyone one have an opinion on the watch / price itself? Thanks.

5. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Oct 29, 2014

Probably set up his auction so it matched a lot of search terms, and those "watchers" were mostly automatic.

6. Ferik Oct 29, 2014

Seems like a lot of money for a 120. You can get a 300 for close to that and I feel that's much nicer. Am I missing something?

7. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Oct 29, 2014

Price is optimistic imho. And I do admit that I follow a lot just to see where it ends.

8. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Oct 29, 2014

Thank you Ferik and Mark020 and agree with both of you on price.......figured the seller's price is much better than the BIN. Just didn't want to start down that path for a bad watch.

Btw........would def prefer a 300 but haven't seen anything out there that didn't petrify me in terms of originality and quality.

9. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Oct 29, 2014

I use the "watch" function for anything that piques my interest. 90% of those get ditched at some stage or other because they go above what I would want to pay or I decide they no longer interest me - this includes BIN auctions. Sometimes I keep BINs on watch to see if they get re-listed at sensible prices. I'm sure I can't be the only person who does this.

10. kox Oct 29, 2014

Dial and bezel are ok. H/M hands relumed. Wrong bracelet and endpieces. Should be a 1170 with 634's. Seller mention bend lug. Not good if you want a correct bracelet fit.
    But the showstopper is the movement. Serial 24x put it in the mid 60's, but the deep blue was intoduced in 69/70. Have not seen serial below 30x on these, incl. My own below.
    Stay away...:mad:

image.jpg

RawArcher and TNTwatch like this.
  11. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Oct 29, 2014

12. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Oct 29, 2014

Sorry for last post! Don't know what I'm doing yet. Thanks Kox! I never would have caught the SN/Model mismatch! Seems so obvious once you say it. Staying away. Thanks All!

13. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 29, 2014

Wow that is a nice deep blue