Forums Latest Members

300M - Changed bracelet for strap, left with a small part....

1. JDelage Apr 4, 2014

All,

I have a 300M (bought in 2007). I decided to change the bracelet for a rubber strap. To do that I (1) split the bracelet in two by removing a link pin, (2) removed the bracelet from the watch, (3) put the strap on the watch, (4) reconnected the bracelet by reinserting the pin.

I am left with a tiny hollow tube, silver (or stainless) colored. The tube is about 3.5mm long, and its diameter seem to be similar to that of the spring bars. Alternatively the inside diameter of the tube could be wide enough for a pin to go through - it's hard to say.

What do you think this part might be?

Thanks,

JD

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 4, 2014

Alternatively the inside diameter of the tube could be wide enough for a pin to go through

Thats it. :thumbsup:

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2014

I'm confused.
    Do you mean clasp assembly when you're talking about bracelet?
    It sounds like you have a sleeve tube from one of the areas where you removed the pin.
    A picture speaks a thousand words.
    Are you able to post a pic of the parts you're talking about (all of them).

4. gaf1958 Apr 5, 2014

Yes, definitely sounds like you've left out the tube when you reinserted the pin to rejoin the bracelet. Without the tube acting as a restraint the pin will work its way loose and the bracelet will come apart.

You'll need to remove the offending pin and reinsert the tube into the central link(s) and rejoin with the pin again.

The pin should come out very easily this time but will be significantly tighter to put back in next time round.

5. pascs Apr 5, 2014

Wouldnt it have been a whole lot easier to just remove the spring bar on the clasp?

6. gaf1958 Apr 5, 2014

The 300M doesn't have spring bars in the bracelet, even the clasp is pinned...

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2014

Enough talk of bracelets, it's gone, it's now a rubber strap with some sort of clasp, pics would help ::popcorn::

8. JDelage Apr 5, 2014

Ha - that explains. Thank you.