Forums Latest Members

FS 20mm Vintage Stitch Horween Shell--Made in USA--Introducing a New Color and Stitch!

1. woodwkr2 Jan 31, 2015

One of the best parts about carrying Horween Shell straps is getting to know fellow watch collectors. It's a good group of gentlemen who occupy this rarified little niche of the horological universe. Folks who realize that all the money in the world cannot make a scarce reference materialize into thin air. Folks who have stories to tell of the chase and how their personal style has evolved through their collection.

I've been listening. And I'm excited to introduce a couple changes to the 20mm Vintage Stitch lineup that so many of you have ordered. First, we're simplifying. At the larger lug sizes, less is more. So we're moving our 20mm vintage collection to a two-thread design. "Earth Shattering!!" you say. Well, no. But it does create a more refined aesthetic with cleaner lines.

Second, we're adding to the color palate with a beautiful new Chestnut shade brown. On vintage watches particularly, with their aged luminous material, I've found nothing looks better than an appropriately paired brown strap. Not black, but brown. And this one's gorgeous.

Horween Shell Group.jpg
    From L to R: Black, #8 (a rich, deep brown), Chestnut, and Natural.

Quantities are very limited--Horween can only produce so much Shell leather each year, and it's getting harder get a hold of due to the sharp increase in demand lately. The usual proviso applies: these are hand made straps constructed in the USA from natural materials. Deviations from batch-to-batch and even strap-to-strap are part of the charm.

Dimensions: Tail- ~12cm long, Buckle side- ~7.5cm long. Thickness is ~2mm. They take a 16mm buckle.
    Price: $140 USD

Check inventory on my site: SecondTimeTicking.com and check out there, or PM me with your direct payment order for free shipping within the USA.

2. woodwkr2 May 3, 2015

All colors are back in stock!